Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ex's and Their Friends


This past weekend I had the unfortunate pleasure of running into my ex-boyfriend. Let me start by saying that the reason we broke up was because we simply were not right for each other. I tried for the last six months of our relationship to make us work, talk to him about our problems, and work on righting our wrongs. But at the end of the day, we simply weren't meant to be. And so, I broke up with him. I feel that I did all of this in the most caring, considerate, and mature way possible, thinking of him the whole time and trying to make it friendly and easy for both of us.

Well, it seems he had a lot of hurt, anger, and, apparently, hate towards me. I ran into him and his best friend on Saturday, and when I tried to be pleasant and courteous, I was, in return, embarrassed and humiliated. I greeted his best friend by saying, "Hey buddy, How are you? Good to see you" and in return, he said, "Buddy? Fuck you bitch". Needless to say, I was shocked and speechless.

In the aftermath of it all, my ex's only concern was that I, and anyone else who witnessed these acts, knew that he had nothing to do with his friends actions and did not advocate it. What my ex fails to notice is that he is the one who told his friend things about us and our relationship after we broke up that led his friend to feel and act this way. So not only was my ex trying not to be blamed for something he was directly responsible for, but he had NO concern with how it made me feel, but only about how the situation affected him.

But as always, this is just another shining example of how no matter the situation, he could never put anyone else before himself and refuses to take responsibility for his behavior.

So, to the ex's everywhere acting like this, GET A CLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment