Monday, October 5, 2009

Another Monday, another weekend in the books...

First, I am SO bad! It has been WAY too long since my last post. My apologies!

So let's get down to it. It's Monday. Ugh, but yes. It's a truth that everyone world-wide has to face every seven days. Yuck. But with every Monday comes a recap of yet another (un)eventful weekend.

Mine was fabulous, though, don't get me wrong, there were definitely some low points (my college football team lost, and it was due to bad calls and mere seconds), but I always try to find the high points, in every weekend, in every thing.

Friday, I went out with a group of girlfriends to see a cover band. What a blast! The cover band was fantastic, but we also did some mingling and met some cute boys (always a plus). However, on Friday night, while at said concert, I received a surprising text from the boy I mentioned in my "Winning and Losing" post. Let's call him "fanboy". Again, fanboy lives in another city and the last time we communicated, it was not good. But here he was, Friday night, in MY city, with no warning, texting me to meet up.

October 2, 2009 11:17pm "So. I'm in 'city'. Just got out of a show."

I mean, how dare he? And worse, as the night went on, and more booze was consumed, I folded and we ended up meeting at my apartment. Though we only made out, I can't help but feel stupid because the next day his parting words were "I'll call you on Sunday" and I believed him. But I never heard from him. He flew out today.

I am pissed. Naturally. And probably going to delete him from my phone, for good. But the weekend was still a success.

My team may have lost, I may have been let down by fanboy (yet again), but things are good. I hung out with my girlfriends, I didn't see Johnny (aka my addiction), I danced, met a new boy.....how can a girl complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment